It is proposed to install 1 WHRU module that take advantage of the heat emitted by the blank beam during their cooling process.
This module will be fixed on a metal plate that captures the maximum possible radiation from the hot beam. The WHRU module will transform the heat gathered by this metal plate into electricity.
This plate is installed onr a U-shaped support that will be placed 50 cm from the ejection zone of the blank beam.
The blanks beams, once formed, have a surface temperature of approximately 450-500º.
Data to be considered in the design of the unit:
- Heat source: Beam blank emitting heat radiation.
- Working temperature: Beam blank – 458 ºC, thermal collector plate – 240 ºC.
- Water temperature: 25 ºC
- Ambient temperature: 25 ºC – 40 ºC.
FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM
- The recovery system to be installed is non-intrusive. The installation of the WHRU is based on the contact between the heat collector and the surface of the metal plate.
- The WHRU system requires a continuous supply of water for its cooling. The temperature of this water is around 17ºC and 25ºC.
- The cooling water system will have air bleed valves installed to prevent the presence of air in the circuit.
- The electronics consists of 2 parts: power electronics and sensorization.
- To monitor the correct functioning of the prototype, 2 types of sensor nodes will be installed: a temperature node and a wattmeter node.
- The power and sensing electronic will be placed inside an electrical cabinet installed outside the black beam ejection zone to reduce the risk of the high ambient temperature.
- A gateway will be installed to collect the data from the sensing nodes.
- The gateway will be connected to the electricity main installed outside the beam black ejection zone, to reduce the risk of the high ambient temperature.
- The technology to be applied in the communication between the sensor nodes and the Gateway will be LoRa.
- A Gateway will be installed to collect all the data sent by the sensors. The gateway will be installed close to the WHRU.
- The Gateway will be powered from an existing electrical cabinet.
- The communication between the Gateway and the server will be via 3G/4G.
- DAEVIS platform will be displayed for data visualization.