It is proposed to install 1 WHRU module in one of the walls of the clinker rotary kiln of the facility. The temperature inside the clinker rotary kiln is about 1450 ° C, but the WHRU will take heat by conduction from the wall of the clinker rotary kiln that is around 200 ° C.
Data to be considered in the design of the unit:
- Heat source: Metallic wall of clinker rotatory kiln.
- Working temperature: 191ºC – 213 ºC,
- Water temperature: There is not water available.
- Ambient temperature: 25 ºC – 50 ºC.
FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM
- The recovery system to be installed is non-intrusive. The installation of the WHRU is based on the contact between the heat collector and the kiln wall surface.
- The WHRU system requires a continuous air supply to cool the system. Air will be forced through 4 fans.
WHRU – HSCD100
- The electronics consists of 2 parts: power electronics and sensorization.
- To monitor the correct functioning of the prototype, 2 types of sensor nodes will be installed:
- Type 1-Temperature Node: Th, Tc and Tsurface.
- Type 2-Temperature and power sensing to measure the power generated by the system and the surface temperature.
- The technology to be applied in the communication between the sensor nodes and the Gateway will be LoRa.
- A Gateway will be installed to collect all the data sent by the sensors. The gateway will be installed close to the WHRU.
- The Gateway will be powered from an existing electric cabinet.
- The communication between the Gateway and the server will be via 3G/4G.
- DAEVIS platform will be displayed for data visualization.